When is it Time for Root Canal Therapy?
Have you putting up with an annoying pain in your tooth? Maybe you thought it would go away on its own or you were hoping that you wouldn’t have to visit your dentist. Unfortunately, pain is often the body’s way of telling you that something just isn’t right. If you’ve been putting off treatment for a while, it might actually be time to have root canal therapy in Mississauga, ON. Here are just some of the reasons why you might need a root canal in Mississauga.
Reasons for a Root Canal
The main reason your Mississauga dentist will recommend a root canal is because the nerve of the tooth is infected or the pulp is damaged. The pulp is the soft part of the tooth’s center and the nerve is found within the root canal of the tooth’s root. The number one culprit of nerve and pulp infections is trapped bacteria or decaying food particles. When the bacteria are left untreated, it attacks the tooth, causing the pain and discomfort you’re experiencing. Facial trauma and dental cracks and chips can also cause the parts of the tooth to become irritated and infected.
So of course you might be crossing your fingers that your dental pain isn’t due to bacteria; however, if you leave pain untreated, a root canal in Mississauga is most likely going to be your answer to getting the relief you deserve.
The Telltale Signs
So you’ve been checking your teeth in the mirror trying to decide whether you might need to make an appointment to see your cosmetic dentist in Mississauga, ON. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s time to pick up the phone and give us a call right away:
- An intense toothache that occurs when chewing or applying any pressure to the possibly infected tooth.
- Extreme sensitivity or pain when eating or drinking anything that is hot or cold. If you once got enjoyment out of your evening cup of tea but now it’s just too painful to bear, then a root canal could give you the freedom to enjoy your favorite foods and drinks again.
- Darkening or tooth discoloration
- Swelling, tender gums around the infected tooth
- A recurring pimple on the surrounding gums
If you’ve said yes to any of these symptoms above, then it’s time to get you scheduled for a dental exam in Mississauga. Don’t wait any longer! Call us today at (905) 270-0007. Stop worrying about dental pain and start enjoying life again.